In the context of the health situation, Air France has put in place new measures to safely accommodate your children when traveling with us.
Wearing a surgical mask is mandatory from the age of 11 years old, both at the airport and on board our aircraft. Wearing a mask is nonetheless strongly recommended for all children, regardless of your child's age. Make sure to provide him/her with several surgical masks for the duration of his/her trip. Please make sure to consult the health procedures and travel requirements in place at the airport.
For your comfort and peace of mind, especially if you are travelling with young children, we advise you to arrive at the airport in advance.
Baggage assistance and delivery
Choose to have your baggage transported to the airport: we provide baggage pick-up and delivery services to and from your home. Upon your arrival in Paris, we can also have your baggage delivered immediately to the address of your choice.
Receive assistance from an Air France staff member throughout your journey at the Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly, Nice and Bordeaux airports. For departures, arrivals and during connecting flights, you will be personally greeted by our staff member who will facilitate your passage through the security checkpoints.
You can request a bassinet on long-haul flights in the Business, Premium Economy and Economy cabins, subject to availability. Bassinets are designed for infants weighing less than 10 kg / 22 lbs and measuring less than 70 cm / 27 in. Baby-changing tables are also available.
To check availability and submit your request for a bassinet, please contact us by phone as soon as possible after booking your flight, and at least 48 hours before your departure.
If you would like your infant (under 2 years old) to travel in an individual seat, you must install him or her in an approved car seat or harness. However, some aircraft and seats do not permit the use of these safety devices. As travel rules vary by aircraft, please contact us by telephone to book a seat for your infant.
In the La Première, Business and Premium Economy cabins on intercontinental flights, we offer baby kits. Each kit contains a bib, a cuddly blanket, baby-wipes, and a small spoon.
Please note: For safety reasons, any equipment designed for children to sleep horizontally (convertible bag that serves as a bed, inflatable mattress placed in front of the seat, etc.) are not permitted on board Air France aircraft.
If you're traveling with an infant aged 0-23 months, we recommend that you bring enough feeding bottles and food for the entire journey. You can also order a meal made up of sweet and savory organic pots and baby biscuits, up to 48 hours before departure.
A la Carte Menus
Want to enjoy a taste of fine cuisine during your flight?Opt for one of our À la Carte Menus, including Healthy, Italia, Ocean, and even the "My Fun Menu" which will delight kids and grown ups alike. Offered in the Premium Economy and Economy cabins on most of our long-haul flights, the "A la Carte" Menus let you choose your meal according to your own taste.
* Except flights to/from Tunis and Yerevan.
- Avoid travel if your infant is ill.
- Bring enough bottles and food for the trip.
- Please remember to bring the items you need for changing your infant (diapers, wipes, etc.).
- Make sure your infant drinks amply during the trip.
- Prior to departure, please remember to make sure you have all your child's documents required by the police, customs agents and immigration officers at your destination country.
- If you are bringing a stroller on board, please remember to affix a label displaying your contact information (name, address, phone number and e-mail).
- If your child is receiving medical treatment or suffers from travel sickness, please remember to bring his or her medical record and medications.
- Choose comfortable and warm clothing (sweaters and socks).
- During take-off and landing, give your child a piece of candy or chewing gum, or a pacifier, bottle, lollipop or cookie for infants, to reduce possible earaches.
Please note: if you are traveling with your child but they do not have the same surname as you, bring the family booklet or birth certificate to prove your affiliation.
The child and the accompanying passenger must travel in the same cabin. If this is not the case, the child is considered an unaccompanied minor (UM).
A passenger may travel with 2 infants (under 2 years old) however the booking must be made by telephone. Additionally, 1 of the 2 infants must travel in an individual seat at a child fare and must be installed in an approved car seat or harness.
* Up to 12 years of age for flights within metropolitan France and flights to/from French overseas departments and territories, and up to 15 years of age for international flights.
Important: If you would like to travel in the La Première cabin with your infant, please contact us by telephone, as specific fares and conditions apply.
If your child turns 2 years old during your trip, the child discount applies to all the flights in your itinerary. The infant discount does not apply in this case.
* For flights between Paris and Corsica, infants (aged 0-2 years) may travel on your lap free of charge.
- a hand baggage item up to 12 kg / 26.4 lb and whose dimensions do not exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21 in x 13 in x 9 in,
- an additional baggage item weighing up to 10 kg (except Light fare tickets, which require an additional fee to transport baggage in the hold).
- Small foldable stroller:* dimensions cannot exceed 15 cm x 30 cm x 100 cm / 5.9 in x 11.8 in x 39.4 in
- Other foldable stroller: this replaces your child's hand baggage allowance and once folded, its dimensions cannot exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21.7 in x 13.8 in x 9.8 in.
Please note: strollers must be packed in a carrying case that covers the stroller fully. In addition, for security reasons, some airports may have to deny access to strollers inside the boarding areas.
* Space permitting on long-haul flights, except between metropolitan France and Cayenne, Fort-de-France, Havana, Mauritius, Pointe-à-Pitre, Punta Cana, Reunion, Saint-Martin and Santo Domingo.